This page is about a Mom who likes to think she is closer to the Hot side than the alternative. Here is my story of the daily journey of a less than rich, less than skinny and more than happy lady :D

Friday, July 19, 2013

Happy 4th Anniversary!

The hubs and I just celebrated our 4th anniversary.
According to tradition the gift should be flowers or fruit.
List of Anniversary Gifts

Here's my attempt to bring tradition full circle on a budget of $20.

I purchased:
- $2.50 Strawberries
- $1.99 Grapes
- $4.99 A bottle of Riesling
- $1.98 2 Granny Smith apples
- $.70 1 can sweetened condensed milk- which will be cooked into caramel
- $2.59 1 package of white chocolate bark
- $4 4 balloons
- $.76 4 printed pictures: wedding, 1st anniversary, 2nd anniversary and 3rd anniversary


I put the sweetened condensed milk in the crock pot to make the caramel sauce for our apples:
Crock Pot Caramel

Then I heated the white chocolate bark on the stove on  LOW. Make sure its low or the chocolate will burn. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate and allow to cool on wax paper.
White Chocolate Strawberries

Finally I took the pictures I printed and on the back of each I put at least 10 memories from that year.
I punched a hole in the picture and tied each one to a balloon that I put over our bed.
Anniversary Balloons





I packed the fruit and the wine in a picnic basket and we went back to the park we were married in and had a dessert picnic.




Other than having our park time during a tropical storm it was perfect! Since my friend babysat for us to enjoy the night free of charge I was able to complete this for $19.51!

1 comment: