Canvas Quotes Inspiration
DIY Quotes on Canvas
Thrift store picture quotes
- Any size canvas
- Vinyl letters- I used 3" and 4" to change up the word sizing
- Scrapbook paper or magazines or an old framed picture
- Sponge paint brushes
- Mod Podge
- Pick a quote that you love- song lyric, quote, verse, etc.
- Tear scrapbook or magazine pages up so that they cover the canvas but have no distinct pattern
- Apply Mod Podge to the canvas and adhere the scrapbook paper or magazine paper
- Allow to dry for a few minutes- you can make sure you have all your letters ready for the next step
- Once dry place your vinyl letters on the canvas
- I used a straight edge but I was not super diligent in making my letters straight since I was going for the vintage look
- Start painting over the canvas- use a light coat if you want the paper to show through all over the canvas; thicker coat if you want to cover the paper
- Make sure to paint all around the edge of the canvas unless you covered it with paper also
- Once the paint is dry ( I left mine to sit overnight), start peeling off the letters
- If while you are pulling up the letters they tear the paper underneath or do not give a clean line, don't worry! It give your creation character!
- A few people suggested using sand paper on the canvas- lightly of course- to give it an even more worn look.
- Last, cover the entire canvas with Mod Podge to seal down any edges that may have pulled up
Here's how mine turned out: