This page is about a Mom who likes to think she is closer to the Hot side than the alternative. Here is my story of the daily journey of a less than rich, less than skinny and more than happy lady :D

Monday, August 22, 2011

Take that Zaxbys!


My own version of the Kickin' Chicken sandwich!

I LOVE Zaxbys... Love it! So I decided to make my own version of the Kicken' Chicken Sandwich. I was pleased with the way it turned out. I just wish I had some of their ranch to add. I will have to pick up a few extra next time :D

You will need:
Frozen chicken breasts (the pre-cooked kind that come in a bag)
Provolone cheese
Texas Pete Hot Sauce
Butter
Ranch
Garlic Powder
Texas Toast

Cover the chicken with TP Hot Sauce and add butter. (I use stick butter so I can put a few pats over the chicken breast)

Follow the instructions on the package to cook the chicken. (Usually at 425 for 18-22 mins- I cooked mine in a Pyrex dish.)

When the chicken is almost done flip it over and add a little more TP Hot Sauce and butter.

While the chicken is cooking make your "buns"
Put butter and garlic powder on one side of the Texas Toast and toast until golden brown.

Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Cut into long strips.
Place chicken on Texas Toast, cover with a piece of Provolone cheese, just a little more TP Hot Sauce and smother in ranch.

Serve with fries, tots or whatever else you like. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment